Civil and Scape has recently created an opening for an experienced and qualified
Landscape Gardener and Horticulturist. The successful candidate will be working
around Sydney’s inner city and outer suburbs providing services to a diverse range
of projects from high end residential to high-rise city centre commercial projects as
well as council maintenance work. Civil and Scape is looking for a knowledgeable,
well presented and diligent applicant to immediately join our team.
The candidate must fulfil the following prerequisites to be able to apply for this position:
- Certificate III or above in Horticulture studies
- 3 years’ experience in either horticulture and/or greenkeeping
- The ability to operate all garden maintenance equipment
- Have a sound understanding of WHSE and operate in line with NSW WHSE practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Have basic to moderate written and computing skills (basic Word and Eexcel)
- Manual drivers licence
- Current drivers licence
- Current White Card NSW
The role generally requires the candidate to be someone who:
- Present well in their attire and manner particularly when liaising with clients and in front of the general public
- Operates efficiently, diligently and who can work independently unsupervised
- Has good communication skills when liaising with the team and our clients’
The role entails the following daily / weekly duties :
- Oversee cultivation and maintenance of trees and plants
- Monitor health and growth of trees and plants
- Provide advice to clients and the business as required
- General landscape maintenance (watering, feeding, cutting, hedging, pruning, cleaning etc)
- Order materials as required and allocating costs to each projects
- Report fortnightly on expenses including project cost allocation
- Working hours are generally between 7:00am and 4:00pm from Monday to Friday (5 DAY WEEK)
- Company car and telephone will be provided
- Annual salary of $55,000 – $75,000 including superannuation
- Majority of works will be based around inner city and suburbs of Sydney
- Genuine opportunity to become head of maintenance division as the business grows in this department
Expected Start Date: 15/02/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a gardener?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Have you completed a qualification in horticulture?