Concrete work does not come to mind when you think about creating a beautifully designed project. However, concrete work is the foundation and process needed for many popular design elements, even in landscaping. At Civil and Scape, commercial and civil concrete work is one of the services that we offer as we understand the advantage of having a team of experts in this field in our line-up of resources. It opens up the possibilities of your designs and gives us the tools to perfectly execute what you want.
With civil jobs, we work with other companies and organisations to provide accessible and professionally executed jobs. Whether you have a commercial or civil project, expect our concrete work to reflect a high standard of workmanship and refined design. Whatever the job, it must be done right. Here are the qualities you can expect from our commercial and civil concrete work services.
- Refinement – Our concrete work is always expertly constructed. Expect smooth edges and curves and meticulously completed details.
- Professionalism – Every finished concrete job gives the entire project a professional and expert finish, updating any project instantly.
- Functionality and accessibility – Concrete works allow for the construction of pathways making many projects functional and accessible for persons of varying abilities.
You can find concrete kerbs in both civil and commercial projects. They don’t only provide edging to a pavement or path but, they also neatly border flower beds, shrubs and trees, provide an elegant separation between a pathway and road, and enclose sections in gardens or communal areas.
Kerbs can be made from stone or concrete. Concrete kerbs make for an attractive permanent landscape accent in both civil and commercial jobs. Here are some of the advantages of including a concrete kerb in your next design project.
- Customisable with various colour and design options
- Flexible directional designs with flowing curves and straight lines allowing for optimal fluidity in a design project
- Economical and quickly executed
- Weather-resistant as it will not rust, decompose, break or move like other materials traditionally used to substitute concrete kerbing
- Does not disturb existing landscaping
Concrete slabs are the pathway to many possibilities in design projects. Slabs are the base of elements like floors, roofs, ceilings, beams and columns. Though not a design element on its own, it is the foundation for many transformational elements of your design project. Here are some of the amazing elements that a concrete slab can incorporate into your project.
- Concrete beams – A plain concrete beam is elegant and sleek by itself, however several designs can be incorporated into it. Depending on your aesthetic, you can choose from regal, modern and rustic beams. Additionally, you can also frame concrete beams into a design. If your property is overlooking a spectacular view, a recent trend has been to use concrete beams to frame the view.
- Flooring – Concrete slabs are used as the base for flooring. Usually, wood, laminate or tile flooring is placed on top, giving you ample designs to select from and a guaranteed durable and solid foundation.
In addition to providing conventional civil concrete pavements, concrete can also provide firm and durable footpaths in your home or commercial building. It is a versatile material to use for an access path as it can be easily customised to fit its surroundings and is extremely weather resistant. A concrete path is more accessible and practical because of its smooth finish and hard surface, making it perfectly suitable for persons with accessibility issues. To maintain the clean and sleek finish of a concrete footpath, it does not easily traffic dirt, mud and grease, making it the perfect option for Sydney living. Some of our favourite areas to use a commercial concrete footpath are:
- Access footpaths in communal gardens and outdoor lounge areas of apartment complexes
- Access ways from the beach or pool to hotel entrances
- Outdoor entertainment areas
Are you in need of commercial or civil concrete work for your design project? At Civil and Scape, we have a deep understanding of all aspects of landscape construction and maintenance which allows us to take a forward-thinking and unique approach.
We provide proactive and sustainable solutions, ensuring to deliver a successful outcome.
Work with our team today for a seamless experience and perfect execution. Browse through our gallery to view our past projects.